RE: Sad Time at My House

Oh, Zem.  I just read your message.  I am so, so sorry for your losses.

Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Zemuly Sanders
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 7:24 PM
To: gardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] Sad Time at My House

This is a very sad time at my house.  A coyote has eaten two of my
friendliest cats (Melvin and Esmeralda), whose only fault was eating the
mice and greeting the parishioners at the Episcopal church across the
street  (I know it was a coyote because I saw him looking for more
"snacks" in the middle of the afternoon two days ago.)  When I noticed
they were missing I also noticed the most socialized cat of all, Tiger
Lily, was not feeling well and had a mass under her front leg.  I took
her to the vet where he determined she had a lipoma, and she was also
running a fever.  He gave her some antibiotics and scheduled her for
surgery next Tuesday, and I put her in the house in a room of her own.
This afternoon when I got home I found her dead.  I've no idea what the
cause might have been, but I do know that after initially seeming a
little better she was obviously not feeling well this morning.  I'm
calling the vet in the morning to see if he wants to do a necropsy on
TIger Lily before I bury her. zem