Re: Kitten Advice, please

I think he'd be fine in the garden, except for perhaps being frightened into the street by my dogs. I'd like to get him/her to the vet though, for a checkup and neutering/spaying. One thing the world doesn't need is more stray cats.
In addition, I've found that strays (dogs, anyway) get used to the family a lot faster if they're indoors.

Thanks for the advice. I know diddly about kittens. We've not had many stray in, except for one little guy that turned out to have a broken leg and pneumonia both, who died on the operating table, and one that was thrown over the fence at the dogs, that I was able to grab as it climbed the chicken coop. My neighbor fell in love with that one and adopted it, being sans critters at the time. My DH grew up with cats and kittens, and my grandparents had a few on the farm, but they were mostly outdoor types, in a rural environment.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten Advice, please

If you don't think he's in any danger I see no reason why you couldn't just talk to him. That's what I have done with all the older (1 yr old+) cats who have come to me. I know well enough that if any come inside they don't go back out. I guess whatever you choose to do would depend upon you, the cat and where you live.
zem