Re: Ruskin Tomato Festival

In a message dated 5/6/07 9:46:08 AM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com writes:

> I guess it's a southern thing.

I'm not sure this is southern but I love tomato sandwiches also but on wheat
toast w/mayo.   I didn't have this as a child however.   We were very poor as
I was growing up.   My dad was a working farmer/manager of a group of farms
owned by a banking family.   We had plenty to eat as we raised chickens, pigs
and a big veggie garden.   No way   could I eat a piece of pork steak today,
ugh!   We had chicken every Sun and one chicken for a family of 6. Chicken is
still my favorite and would always be my selection over any meat.

 See what's free at