RE: its awfully quiet....and the struggle of next week

Keep your spirit up.  We have this disease in my family so I know what you
are going through is very difficult.  She may blame you for all sorts of
things but remind yourself that it is the disease talking and getting your
Mom confused.  Your Mom won't be the same person you knew and you are doing
the best for her.  If you leave her in her home, she won't eat properly,
take her medicine, and may injure herself.

My Mom, who can't identify us and now can't find her way to and from the
dining room, still insists that we were wrong in removing her from her home
and not replacing her car that she wreaked so she can have her independence
back.  Since she no longer knows how to turn on the TV, she might not be
able to drive a car.  Even though we have to tell her who we are, the staff
says she enjoys our visits and tells them her kids come when they can...she
is 10 hours from me.

I keep hoping that research finds a way to reverse this disease before I
end up in la la land.  I keep reminding my daughter to ignore what I say
if/when I get to the same point.

Here's hoping the entire process goes more smoothly than you fear.