Re: its awfully quiet....and the struggle of next week

Theresa, my thoughts will be with you this weekend. I have no idea how you must feel right now, but I'm sure it's awful. Do keep in touch when you can.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:38 PM
Subject: [CHAT] its awfully quiet....and the struggle of next week

Is everyone outside??

Well- I know I haven't been online much either, but here is the update on me. Garden-related: I planted the new astilbe that friends gave me for my birthday this afternoon, and I gave away a bunch of plants that I had too much of or not enough room anymore to a friend this evening.

Tomorrow, I'm working half day, then packing to go back to Texas, and getting a massage at 2pm in an effort not to implode.

Saturday I fly to Texas. Next Tuesday in Texas, my younger sister and I will be taking my mom to an Alzheimer's care center to admit her. I'm very stressed about this, and sad, and relieved, and pretty much every other possible emotion that exists. It is going to be horrible, she is going to be furious, and I'm sure lots of crying will occur. But, it is the right thing to do, she is getting worse by the day. The center is really nice, has an enclosed garden area (so she can go in and out whenever she wants) and they have suggested that we bring her bird feeders to put outside her window. They also will let her plant things in the garden area, and her winder looks out on the garden. Still, I can't wait until Tuesday is over. We can't tell her what we are doing, and that feels very icky- but everyone has advised us to just get her in the car and bring her without her knowing where she is really going. Otherwise she'll be so upset before she gets there, it is even worse (we definitely don't need "worse"). I'm going to stay in Texas for another week after that, visit my mom (we'll see if she will ever talk to me) and help support my sister. Then, I'm flying to Boston to visit my older sister and nephew (he's graduating from preschool!). That will be my chance to recuperate, and Carl is a great distraction. I'm sure I'll make lots of Lego things with him : )

So- I'll return to my own life in mid-June, but will try to check in occassionally in the meantime. Thanks to all who have been checking up on me to see how things are going. I really appreciate this groups support, and particularly any positive thoughts you can send my way next Tuesday.

Theresa