Re: sales...wait...SALES!!!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: sales...wait...SALES!!!
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:15:04 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=BoglJPRIpicdhVtsds5j/YN6jdkVqyjBHq8wBT+119s=; b=bmDbBT6fzVNBcnBTrtxbpm5j74mfJukEAO4uwuq/PFgN598+hLoPoC7ELE/j+qPa4m9CRHhPMYzDeLKlqq7Yj4IeZauRFNvHoZtPMxqNaHxQCZ3p+R09nHerEsIhvYxNHK5c3vTbS4oPqIS8w9DEDircPb/kT7RAfmOO1YPQyak=

Holy cow - gardener nirvana!!

On 5/1/08, David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hey Theresa and anybody else in the greater N. Ca area...Barbara?
> May 3-- The
> San Francisco Botanical Gardens each spring throws what it claims is the
> largest plant sale in the area, featuring 20,000 plants -- 4,000 different
> kinds -- many exclusive to the garden's nursery and all suitable for Bay
> Area
> gardens. The sale is popular because it's a place to find rare and unusual
> plants not found at other regional plant sales or commercial nurseries.
> Knowledgeable volunteers are available to answer questions. Sale also
> includes
> a big selection of new and used books and garden gifts. For tips on
> surviving
> the sale with the least aggravation and greatest satisfaction, go online
> sfbotanicalgarden.org and click on the Spring Plant Sale link. 10 a.m. to
> 2
> p.m. Special preview sale for members 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. May 2. 9th Avenue
> at
> Lincoln Way in Golden Gate Park. 415-661-1316.
> But I'm conflicted because:
> May 3-4-- 31st annual Rhododendron Show and Sale featuring locally grown
> hybrids. 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
> Mendocino
> Coast Botanical Gardens, 18220 N. Highway 1, Fort Bragg. 964-4352.
> I am in the
> market for rhodies and azaleas but I'm also looking for the unusual as
> well.
> I may have to head to both but I have a lot of homework.  Oh whoa is me,
> what
> shall I do?  One is an hour south of me and the other is an hour and a
> half
> north.  Sheesh!  Such choices.
> David

Pam Evans