Re: Long Haired Cat advice

Thanks for the cat advice. I will get a comb and blunt-nosed scissors. You're right, Noreen, a mat is like felt.

Next question. ET has jumped on Dreyfuss (the elderly dog) and Diesel (2 year old cat) without provocation. Before we brought ET into the utility room, he avoided the dog. Any way to stop this? I suspect it's alpha cat behavior, but I'm reluctant to have him beat up my furkids.

Third question, for those of you with indoor-outdoor cats. To me, being "inside" is being safe. ET can't live with us as it is, and he adores being outside, even though he craves attention and wants to follow me in and out. If we can't find another home ( oh, yeah- he attacks shoes, too), how do you reconcile danger vs. nature?

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Long Haired Cat advice

Same here...I've had several long hair cats...and they get into a
routine of wanting to be brushed. I left the brush on the laundry room
counter and when I would go in to change a load of laundry over...they
would follow me in there and wait to be brushed. It got to the point
where one of them actually listened for the buzzer go off on the dryer
and he would run in there and wait for me. If I didn't brush him...he'd
knock the brush off onto the floor and start yelling at me "HEY! You
forgot something..helloooooooooooo, brush time, remember!!! HEY"