From: DP <pulis@mindspring.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 1:12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Long Haired Cat advice

Thanks for the cat advice. I will get a comb and blunt-nosed scissors.
You're right, Noreen, a mat is like felt.

Next question. ET has jumped on Dreyfuss (the elderly dog) and Diesel (2
year old cat) without provocation. Before we brought ET into the utility
room, he avoided the dog. Any way to stop this? I suspect it's alpha cat
behavior, but I'm reluctant to have him beat up my furkids.

Third question, for those of you with indoor-outdoor cats. To me, being
"inside" is being safe. ET can't live with us as it is, and he adores being
outside, even though he craves attention and wants to follow me in and out.
If we can't find another home ( oh, yeah- he attacks shoes, too), how do you
reconcile danger vs. nature?