From: Cathy Carpenter
<cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Friday, May 9, 2008
1:58:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] back to gardening....

My problem: DH (bless
his little plant ignorant heart) bought me a
potted gardenia for Mother's
Day. Trouble is, it is not hardy here, so
I must grow it in a pot. My
previous experience with this plant was
not auspicious, so I would welcome
any advice as to getting it to
survive and rebloom as a houseplant. (Or is
euthanasia a solution?)

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On May 9, 2008, at 7:54
AM, Donna wrote:

> I am very disappointed in the selection of annuals around
here.
> Everyone
> has the 'common' ones, but nothing to accent.... sigh. I
even went out
> early and see everyone is playing it safe this year. Not much
out
> there
> at all....
>

> I did buy something I shouldn't have, but you
know how that goes.... I
> am trying the 'hopefully' hardy crape myrtle they
are advertising. We
> will know next year about this time whether it is or
isn't. It is a
> dwarf variety and hopefully will look wonderful under by bay
> window....
> I know for you southern folks this is a common plant, but up
north
> here
> it isn't. So if anyone has words of wisdom about this
plant... love to