Why do I do these things?

My little garden club had planned to have its meeting on
Wildflower Island at Teatown Lake Reservation where there
are oodles of pink lady slippers and other fascinating things
in bloom (our president is curator of the island) next Monday,
but now rain is forecast.  We need the rain desperately - it is
raining lightly today but we are way behind for the season - so
though it's too bad for our meeting we won't complain.  However,
I had to be too eager and say why don't I bring some slides of
wildflowers and we can meet at Lasdon where we normally meet
anyway.  Of course there were no objections.
I have taken pictures of wildflowers almost obsessively over the
years, so knew I had lots of them.  I have a program of Protected
Plant List slides that I give regularly at our Horticulture Schools,
but everybody had already seen them at least once, so next I dug
through the pile of carousels.  Grandchildren, cats, home garden
in each season, numerous trips, but none specifically of wildflowers.
Then I began poking around in the boxes of loose slides.  Ouch!
At least many of them were categorized in boxes, so I did find
quite a lot of bunches of wildflowers from various places.  I have
spent the entire afternoon on this project and finally have put
together two carousels - one 80-slide one of mainly Southwestern
plants and one of 140 slides of just about everywhere else.
Of course in the middle of things a slide got jammed and I had to
spend half an hour working that thing out.  I know, I know, slides are
sooo old-fashioned.  Everybody uses power point these days, but I
am just not into that technology yet.  I still have about a hundred
slides left, and some of them quite good, but I have run out of
empty carousels, and i'm just too tired to look at another one anyway.
Why do I do these things?

favorites at AOL Food.