Re: annuals

I overwintered New Guinea impatiens with great success. Bloomed all winter, got leggy, but I pinched it off now & then & it recovered nicely when I got it back outdoors, looked great all summer with automatic watering 2 or 3 times each day. I didn't bring it in soon enough the next fall & lost it to an early frost. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 7:31 PM
Subject: [CHAT] annuals

Hey guys
I have a nagging question and I have probably already asked this or
someone has but I'm afraid I don't remember the answer. What constitutes an annual? Yes, I know they die and don't come back but is that because we have taken them out of their natural environment or because that's what they are
supposed to do.  I have some annuals that winter over like petunias and
alyssum etc. I was also thinking of attempting to overwinter my New Guinea
So, what's the real scoop on annuals?

Checked by AVG.