Re: bermuda grass

Yes there may be no alternative to Roundup or equivalent. Roots can go down 2-3 ft, it also spreads by runners as you know, any small piece left will sprout.
--Barb, Grass Valley CA
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:41 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bermuda grass

RoundUp.

On May 21, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Theresa G. wrote:

OK-
Need some advice on how to get rid of this stuff- by any means necessary. It has taken over an asparagus patch at my friend's house. I realize we may also end up having to kill the asparagus trying to do away with the bermuda grass- but at this point, we'll do whatever it takes.
Thanks-
Theresa

Island Jim
Willamette Valley