Re: round-up pro

Application to harvest time is 14 days for tomatoes according to a PHI statement I read at UCDavis' commercial website. However, I remember that UGA studies showed that if using RoundUp in a vegetable garden, some damage to the young tomatoes was shown up to 21 days after application, so they recommended not using it before planting unless you had that much time.

Note that this is referring to regular RoundUp, not the new RoundUp combination products that contain extra ingredients. Always read and follow the label exactly. I see no recommendation for using RoundUp Pro in a vegetable garden, and my only experience with it has been with management of woodies.

By the way, since Glyphosate (the original active ingredient in RoundUp) is now off-patent, you can get a cheaper formula of the same stuff. I use the Ace Hardware brand and it's a third the cost.