S.C. and perennial garden

Howdy
I was looking at Chris's pictures and she inspired me.  I have been
slowly putting in more perennials in beds in the front and back.  I still,
even after this much time, have plenty of planting space left.  As you all
know I have been busy with other people's plants for the last ten years.
Anyway, I went back to my bookshelf and took down the book Perennial
Combinations by C. Colston Burrell.  Nice book but more tailored for the east
than out west here but still good.  I am going to be playing with different
textures and colors when I get back and I would like to share with you folks
what I'm doing to see if it meets you all's seal of approval.
So, having
said that I will be in Charlston, South Carolina until next week.  Hopefully,
I'll get to meet up with Andrea while we're there.  We'll be watching my son
graduate from Navy "A" School.  See you when we get back.
David