Re: the economy
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: the economy
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 12:39:52 -0500

Zem, re HD:
Since I now find myself with almost nothing with which to stock my little nursery (though I do have some things that need digging) I headed over to HD as they are advertising $2 quart perennials. I had to drive clear to the other side of town because they closed ours. I couldn't find any; asked the clerk. She said that they were sold out and they can't get anyone at corporate to answer their call about how to get more.

I needed a few things at Menards so, while there, I checked theirs. They had lowered the price on their quarts to $2, probably in response to HD's ad. I picked up 20. I was tickled to see that they had an Epimedium. You don't usually come across Epis in big box stores IME. Also found some Allium cernuum, which I've always wanted to try. Also got some Little Bluestem, Carex Frosted Curls, Geum, Penstemon, etc. I picked up a Paprika Yarrow, too. I don't like Yarrow but shoppers here seem to crave the weed.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5