Re: the economy
  • Subject: Re: the economy
  • From: "Zemuly Sanders" <zemuly@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:26:03 -0500

The worst thing about the big box stores is the lack of education where the clerks are concerned -- and the lack of caring by many of the employees. It makes me realize I'm good at what I do. I keep a notebook on me at all times to note requests from customers. I check that book every time we get a plant delivery and immediately call everybody when their requests arrive. I've even been know to set aside choice plants for good customers when they can't get to the store immediately. I also don't have any qualms about letting people know where they can get things we don't carry. I know a lot of people through garden groups I belong to so I want to at least give the appearance that we are a cut above the rest. My manager is very pleased with what I've accomplished. I don't have anywhere near the discipline to do what you do.
zone 7
West TN