Re: What's happening here
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: What's happening here
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:55:04 -0500

Some chicken farmer told me once that if you string wire across the
yard area and attach ribbons that float around in the wind and old pie
tins, it will detract the preditor birds.  Well, it would detract me
too!  Not a pretty site.  I saw his place...
I have a deer in with my chickens right now...and he keeps them away
during the day.  Right now I have to be careful because half of the
roof of my chicken house was torn off with the tornado and winds.
Gotta guy coming out to fix it this week.  But I worry about an owl
getting in there during the night.  They are just wasteful when they
kill my chickens.  If you're gonna kill it and eat it...then DO IT.
But they just take their heads off and leave the body on the ground.
Gross.

--
Jesse R. Bell