Re: news of the day

What really slammed me about 'stuff' was helping my brothers and sisters
get my parent's home ready for sale in one weekend after my Dad went into
emergency care.  It seemed to me that we spend our early years accumulating
'stuff' and the end of our lives getting rid of it.  And, don't get me
wrong, my husband and I have a large house and garage full of 'stuff'.  We
are both collectors and pack rats.  In my early life, I taught in the first
Head Start programs.  We started without anything.  I remember a seminar on
'Beautiful Junk' that taught us to use all sorts of throwaway things.  It
just added to my inclination to look for "possibilities" for everything.
One of my long-term goals is to pare down my 'stuff' to those things I
really need and love.   But, here I am, buying more plants, containers, and
plant books.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN