Re: was Master Gardeners/ Garden clubs

In a message dated 11/10/03 10:06:38 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<<  Questions
from the community via telephone arrive during business hours. >>

Questions coming into our county office are taken by our paid coordinator or
recorder and then volunteers respond within a day or two at that scheduled
work time.
    For the most part our classes are taught by the univ staff by ICN which
has interactive capability and thus serving the state.  One weekend is
scheduled during the course which is spent at the univ in their greenhouses and labs.
    Our vol hr return has greatly increased the past few years and we
continue to have a waiting list of candidates even with two classes last year.  Our
new MGs are an unbelievable group with great talents, interests and enthusiasm.
 I know this is not true state wide in more remote, less populated counties.
    Ceres