Re: was: still blooming now: Theresa's shaving brush

Theresa wrote:
> I posted a so-so photo on my yahoo briefcase.  The flower isn't open all the
> way yet in this picture.  It used to have a tag but that's long gone.
> http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tchessie/vwp?.dir=/Garden+pics&.dnm=African
> +lily.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tchessie/lst%3f%2
> 6.dir=/Garden%2bpics%26.src=ph%26.view=t
> Theresa
  A look at this, thanks to Donna's invaluable snurl, confirms
my 'initial diagnosis' of Haemanthus. I'd say it's either
H. albiflos or H. paculifolius. I have .jpgs of both, will
send along if you wish (and to anyone who might want to have a
  I sent nearly this same message on Monday, but it has
apparently been shipwrecked somewhere in cyberspace...
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7