Re: throw away society

Exactly!  I have many LPs (most of them well over 30 years old) and
quite a few tapes, as well.  Don't even own a CD (music) as of yet
and manage to survive quite well, thank you - and rather resent the
fact that all this is "obsolete"...another ploy to make us buy new
stuff IMO.  I mean, if you want the new, fine, but you shouldn't be
forced to give up the old when it works fine but you can't fix the
thing it works on as they don't exist anymore...aaarrrggghh!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
>
> In a message dated 11/20/2003 8:24:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> mtalt@clubhouse-designs.com writes:
>
> > Annoys me no end that they are phasing out something that works
> > perfectly well -
>
> Like LPs. Even audio tapes are becoming obsolete and replaced by
CDs.  I
> wanted to make some tapes for my new grandson from favorite old
records, but my
> son tells me they don't even have a tape player any more - it's all
CDs.  I
> guess it shows my age that I still have a record player - and even
a few old 78s.
> I guess my large collection of LPs may be collectibles, and I was
planning to
> make tapes of some of the favorites, but if everything has to be on
CD