RE: throw away society--"women's roles"

Auralie, I guess this thread is in keeping with the subject line..."throw
away society."  It's amazing how much potential was wasted as recently as a
few decades ago!  In the 70's and 80's I lost several opportunities merely
because I wasn't male.  (I scored 2nd in a management aptitude test one
place and all the males below me got decent managerial jobs while they
offered me a secretarial role.)  I was also hated for taking advantage of
the first payout for maternity leave.  (I had been denied a transfer to
another department at the same company because I was pregnant.)

That doesn't begin to compare with the opportunity that might have been
yours under different circumstances.  But I too wonder how that might have
worked out for you and how you might have affected the lives of those around
you.  WOW!!!  Of course, hindsight is always 100%.

And yet, even in today's "enlightened" society, women still do get paid far
less than equal work for equal pay next to their male counterparts.  And
mature men and women with plenty of background and experience are forced
into entry level positions regardless of education or competence merely
because they are over 50.

Honest, I never marched for women's rights as I thought that equity should
be genderless.  Yeah, I was pretty naive.

I'll get off my soapbox now.  Sorry men!  We couldn't make our world go
'round without you there too.  I just wish the "powers that be" would get a
fresh prospective on what they are missing.