Re: Another OT

Thanks, Bonnie....that's what I thought; that you needed ducts to do
the job.  That's my problem...no ducts - well, except in the office
which does have air conditioning.  Hmmm....wonder if something can be
rigged that way...hmmm....but, the house has no air conditioning and
hot water baseboard heat - so no ducts:-(

The geothermal heat pump is neat....have known about that power for
heating and cooling for a long time, but not found anyone who
actually used it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
> The humidity travels with the air that forced through the ducting
all over
> the house.  The air has to blow across the moisture before it goes
into the
> ducts and just gets carried along.  (No nose bleeds in winter with
> humidifier.)
> The Geothermal we have is a heat pump that uses the temperature
beneath the
> frost line of the ground (something like a constant 50 F.) instead
> ambient air.  Since the temperature at that depth isn't near as
cold as the
> air in winter or as warm as the air in summer (reverse for air
> it doesn't take near as much energy to warm the air that is pumped
> throughout the house.
> Some folks bury their runs (very durable hoses filled with
non-toxic liquid
> which absorb the heat from the earth) in the bottom of ponds.
Since we had
> no body of water to do that with, ours is just looped all over the
> under the frost line.)  If memory serves, the hoses or lines are
> for something like 50 years.
> That's probably more than you wanted to know, but I hope it helps.
:>D  If