From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan [mailto: wmorgan972@ameritech.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:06:31 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] throw away society

LOL!!! You're absolutely right. Mother won a full blown art scholarship
in<br>high school, but her mother wouldn't let her take it. Grandma
thought art<br>was nonsense and the thought that mom might do better
all sorts of things. She used to take milkweed<br>pods and make them
into the most beautiful ornaments. I'm glad to be under<br>her
Message-----<br>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf<br>Of Kitty<br>Sent:
Saturday, November 22, 2003 8:31 AM<br>To:
Now we know where Bonnie got her creative bent.<br>----- Original
Message ----- <br>From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan"
<wmorgan972@ameritech.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Friday,
November 21, 2003 6:12 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] throw away
made from bakelite (sp?)<br>> rather than vinyl. I have some that go
back to Santa Bill's grandfather's<br>> old Victrola. (We still have
that, too.) I wouldn't play vinyl on the<br>> Victrola for fear of
tearing up the vinyl. The old bakelite albums were<br>> also very
brittle and broke easily.<br>><br>> I remember when I was little and
vinyl was replacing bakelite, mother<br>would<br>> take any of the
broken or no longer used bakelite albums and set them in<br>the<br>>
oven to soften them. She shaped them into all sorts of pretty shapes
and<br>> painted them. Most became bowls for fruit or catch alls, but it
owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]
2003 10:38 PM<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT]
throw away society<br>><br>> I still have some albums and a record playe

r. Some in mono too. The<br>> original recording of the Sound of Music
and West Side Story are mono.<br>> Those albums are heavier than the
----------------------------------<br>> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com<br>>
EST<br>><br>> >In a message dated 11/20/2003 8:24:43 PM Eastern Standard
no end that they are phasing out something that works<br>> >> perfectly
well -<br>> ><br>> >Like LPs. Even audio tapes are becoming obsolete and
replaced by CDs. I<br>> >wanted to make some tapes for my new grandson
from favorite old records,<br>> but my<br>> >son tells me they don't
it shows my age that I still have a record player - and even a few<br>>
old 78s.<br>> >I guess my large collection of LPs may be collectibles,
but if everything has to be on CD<br>> >nowadays, what's the use.
Auralie<br>> ><br>>

--
GARDENCHAT<br><br>