Re: cannas

In a message dated 11/28/2003 7:10:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:
What an ordeal! Sure glad mine can stay in the ground. Eva sent me some
pictures of hers and how that one copy paper box full of tubers I sent
her has multiplied in the last two years. It's incredible how prolific
those things are!!
The word "prolific" does not even begin to describe them.  One copy box has
turned into several large Rubbermaid containers.  Took me all day to dig them

Cathy, I can't believe you went through the trouble of separating each tuber.
 I can't do that without breaking them.  I cut the foliage down to about 4-5
inches, dig out each 'mass' of bunch of intertwined tubers, remove as much
soil from the mass as I can and let the mass dry out for several days.  Then I
pack them in the Rubbermaid containers with peat moss.

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"We don't do enough to exploit renewable energy resources."