Re: Herbs

I grow most of mine in containers on the deck for the same easy access. But have creeping thyme out in the perennial bed, where I can frequently continue to cut it into winter, and parsley in the vegetable garden where it also lasts well into winter (until the temps get really low) and being a biennial, I can get some in spring to last me until my new seeds sprout. Then I dig up the old roots (such fun!). My basil was discouraging this year. Very stunted, with coarse leaves. Maybe I picked the wrong variety??
Cathy