Today in the Yard

Today, with the help of two men, the plants came inside.  It took  us over an
hour to figure out how to fit them all in my small enclosed  porch.  I cannot
believe how much they grown over the summer.  Not to  mention the fact that I
have acquired new tropicals and divided others.  I  will have to crawl on my
belly like a snake to water them and clean the cats'  litter pans so that is
going to be fun -- NOT.  I gathered a lot of pine  cones to fill the pots and,
hopefully, act as a deterrent to the cats.   Jim, the little shrubs you gave
me are getting big, but I still have them in one  pot together.  Don't know
what I'll do next year, but I'll just worry about  that then.  I would have
seriously cut back the brugmansias, but they are  all loaded with buds and I just
didn't have the heart.  I still have one  jasmine in a hanging basket that must
be brought in and transplanted to a  regular pot.  It is rainy and muggy
here, and my arthritis is screaming my  age right now.  It's not supposed to turn
colder until later this week, but  I couldn't wait any longer to tackle this
always dreaded job as I am  working at the polls tomorrow from 6:30 a.m.
zone 7
West TN