Re: Today in the Yard

Don't remember the shrubs you're talking about, Zem, but glad they're doing well for you.

I can see how it's a pain to bring all that stuff in every winter and I'm glad I don't have to do it very often [hurricane warnings being the exception]. Even so, we have lots of issues to deal with at this time of year. Many of the cuttings we have been babying all summer and lots of our seedlings are ready for potting. Some of those seedlings--phalsa comes to mind--may be tender to temperatures in the low 30s so we have to figure out how we're going to over-winter them--not necessarily indoors, but nevertheless protected.

We're also entering a time of year when the heavy lifting takes place. If we are serious about extending the front patio, this is the month to start lugging in the pavers and the mulch and collecting bags and bags of small shells at the beach.