yesterday in the garden...

It finally stopped raining by 9 am- so I got out and rearranged a bunch of plants that had gotten too big, didn't like where they were, didn't look quite right, too tall, too short, etc. Not done, but a big dent in the project. Sore back today! Dug up a bunch of ornamental ginger that were destined to take over the world. Left a few plants and will do a better job tying them up, so they don't flop on everything else when they get so heavy. I also got online and ordered two majonias- Arther Menzies and Charity. One for the back corner (Arthur)- they Anna's hummingbirds are supposed to love the flowers (and it was onsale at Heronswood). The Charity is for the front corner near a climbing rose that is just canes at the bottom. Charity is also fragrant and my office window opens up to that garden. A little early christmas shopping of me! Now if I could only convince my husband to get a lovely armoire I want in the bedroom..... It is antique-looking and has engraved brass plating on the door. His comments- "it looks kind of old".
So, I have my work cut out..

Happy gardening all-