From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Theresa
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 2:08 PM
To: GardenChat
Subject: [CHAT] yesterday in the garden...

It finally stopped raining by 9 am- so I got out and rearranged a bunch
of plants that had gotten too big, didn't like where they were, didn't
look quite right, too tall, too short, etc.  Not done, but a big dent in
the project.  Sore back today!  Dug up a bunch of ornamental ginger that
were destined to take over the world.  Left a few plants and will do a
better job tying them up, so they don't flop on everything else when
they get so heavy.  I also got online and ordered two majonias-  Arther
Menzies and Charity.  One for the back corner (Arthur)- they Anna's
hummingbirds are supposed to love the flowers (and it was onsale at
Heronswood).  The Charity is for the front corner near a climbing rose
that is just canes at the bottom.  Charity is also fragrant and my
office window opens up to that garden.  A little early christmas
shopping of me!  Now if I could only convince my husband to get a lovely
armoire I want in the bedroom.....  It is antique-looking and has
engraved brass plating on the door.  His comments- "it looks kind of old".
So, I have my work cut out..

Happy gardening all-