Re: OT - now tubers was-Wonderful web tribute to the Armed forces

In a message dated 11/16/04 11:38:10 PM, gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< A day in the spring and fall,
and maybe an hour monthly cleaning up is much less than weeding and
watering all season... IMHO >>

Donna, our pond takes more time than that.  I chk it daily for drifting matl,
fert the plants, my husband cleans the filter about monthly, chk for water
level particularly after a big rain, feed the fish and I'm not sure what my
added stream will require.  If it is to much it will become a dry stream bed
however we have invested in the extra but nec equipment.  We drain the pond in the
fall so we have plants & fish to place each spring as well preparing for
winter.  The place i get the fish takes them in the fall and does give a sm
discount on the new fish in the spring.   Be cause our pond meets the city depth rqmt
so as to avoid a rqd fence, there is always that concern that someone might
wonder into the garden.