From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:49 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] OT - now tubers was-Wonderful web tribute to the Armed
forces

Not abandoning the holiday altogether...just making changes. In the
words of Dr. Phil "How's that working for ya?" makes me think about the
holidays and how stressful it can be. I don't want the stress part..just
the family togetherness...certain traditions that we DO enjoy will
remain. One of the things we are thinking about this year is adopting a
needy family. My children are all older now...the grandbaby will be
spoiled and we do the Santa Claus thing with her....but if you are
trying to get rid of clutter and simplifying your life...adding more
"stuff" at Christmas that you really don't NEED is just a waste of
money. There are families out there that really NEED things. Kids need
coats and shoes, they need food, etc. The feeling of giving to someone
who truly needs it is a natural high for me. My kids feel the same way.

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Now wait a minute folks... I can relate to downsizing... but totally
abandoning .... nah....

We did that one year here, when there was just too much to do.... it
just wasn't the same.

Donna

> > I am going to simplify Christmas this year too.
> > Bare minimum.
> Same here. No tree - gave it to my niece. No outside lights, trying
> keep
> the bill down. Presents will be inexpensive but thoughtful.
> Kitty

Armed

http://www.hort.net/funds/

http://www.hort.net/funds/