Re: Cool climate tree

In a message dated 11/19/2004 4:58:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jsinger@igc.org writes:

Have you  seen the Atlas cedar, Zem?

No, I don't believe I have.  The only trees call "cedar" around here
(Juniperus virginiana) are really junipers.  I do have two of those in my  front yard
that are probably about 150 years old and quite striking.  I  don't have any
other evergreens in my yard except for pine trees.  Don't  know why, I just
never think of them when I'm planting. :-)  When I finally  cut down the worst
looking pine I want to put in a Prunus mume (Japanese  apricot).  I saw one at
the botanic garden in Huntsville last spring and  fell in love.  My guess,
however, is that Bambi would love it, too.
zone 7
West TN