link to Tricia's pictures.

I got this message from Tricia:

This is the snowball that I want to replace.  The first picture is a close
up, the 2nd is further out and then even further out so that you can see how
much room and shade I will have.  I am thinking the Leatherleaf Mahonia is a
good idea but a little worried about the leaves being so pokey... it could
be hard to get by some day!

So if you would like to view the pictures, wander over to:

What a wonderful gardening setting you have :) But I think the thorns are
you going to get you there in a few years.