Re: Cats--progress note/catchup

That's funny. New kitty's first command the AM [4:30] was to tell me she could see the bottom of her food bowl and would probably starve to death if I did not get up immediately fill the bowl.

On Nov 5, 2005, at 2:54 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Maisy sounds like she finally found her place. BTW- I do the same thing.
Cat walks up - looks at half-full bowl - looks at me with eyes that say
"It's empty!" - I toss a few new pieces on top - eating commences.
Every so often we do have EBS - five empty bowls with 5 not-so-empty cats
milling around wondering "Oh no! Empty Bowl Syndrome! What is this world
coming to? Help, please, we are starving!"
Easily remedied.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cats--progress note/catchup

Congrats on your new kitty, Jim. I like the talkers! She may not be a
beauty, but she is photogenic.Looks quite content with her choice. Very
nice
pic.
Maisy is in/out at her whim.Just got her a cat door with a sensor that
only
allows her to open it. Collar pendant emits a light pulse every few
seconds.
Pretty neat.
She was rescued by a neighbor who had 3 big dogs & seven cats at that
time.
Former owners had a new puppy that thought she was a chew toy. When our
pretty Cricket (a black manx) died, Maisy moved in. Wanted to be an only
cat
I guess. She has her hind claws, but still gets picked on by some of the
neighborhood cats.
Maisy catches mice & birds, almost catches squirrels. She also "scratches"
on my baskets & rug.
re the food bowl thing. Maisy always wants a few "fresh" bits of cat chow
in
the dish, then she will eat the rest.
Judy B
z 5 Idaho

From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>

I agree Judy- mine was declawed in the front when he
came home also. I opted for him rather than the young
kitties when I adopted him. Seems around here everyone
wants a young kitty, not an old man of 8 months...
their loss, as he turned out to be a great cat! But he
is not allowed outside due to it.

Donna
From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>

I'm sure you are giving her a good home and making her life happier.
Disabled
cats, like people, still deserve our love and respect. My sofa
has the stuffing hanging out at the back, but I still love my cats and
would
consider a declawed one to be crippled.

--- Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com> wrote:

Well, my cat was declawed before she moved in. I
agree it's a horrible thing
& I would never have a cat declawed. But, I won't
turn down a lovely kitty
just because someone else mutilated her. It is nice
not having to worry
about her shredding the "new" sofa.
From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
Jim, I have found a pair of siblings to be a
really good choice several
times.  I enjoy having more than one cat, but our
pair of sisters are
the most fun.  Kittens aren't nearly as hard to
civilize as puppies, and
I think they adapt more readily than older cats.
Good for you about not
having a de-clawed cat!  I think that's totally
brutality - can hardly be
nice
to people who I know have de-clawed cats.  I
always feel sad when I have
a nice cat spayed - there will never be any more
from that particular
strain - but a non-spayed female does present the
obvious problems.
Sounds to me like the pair of kittens is just what
you need.
Auralie

In a message dated 10/31/2005 2:59:30 PM Eastern
Standard Time,
islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
I was amused no end by the babies; not sure I want
try to civilize
young'uns, however. And not sure I want two, but
not opposed to it
either. Our first choice is a non-black [Beans was
black] spayed female
not de-clawed.

The lady at the shelter said: "Bring your wife in.
Eighty-seven cats
will jump on her and say "Take me! Take me!'

And I said, "I know. That's what I'm afraid of!"

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10