Re: update Sam

Would seem to me to be more difficult to defend yourself--or your buddy--if you're maimed, but I never did understand the alleged military mind, even [especially?] when I was part of it.

On Nov 16, 2005, at 1:51 PM, Donna wrote:

I am not going to voice my opinion on this whole mess of a war... but!

Training is just that- training -

If they get hurt out in the field- they have to be able to withstand it-
continue on- and hopefully get the hell out of there alive! Their instincts
have to allow them to do it, and while it is unfortunate that they are
experiencing irreversible damage.... it could save their life later.

Donna

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:33 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] update Sam

Pam,

Some things never change. Back close to 40 years ago, while in basic
training, my husband had a truck run over his foot and it really messed
up
his ankle, tearing several ligaments. They made him march and train on it
for a couple of days. (The first Dr. sent him back to his unit!) . It
still
bothers him.