Re: update Sam

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] update Sam
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:37:51 -0600

Sam thinks he broke his hand earlier when he took a tumble running.  You
don't always know you've sustained damage immediately after the incident.
When he discovered the problem while trying pushups in preparation for
taking his PT test,  he requested attention, his Sgt refused to let him go
on sick call, and ordered Sam to take the PT test which included push-ups.
He couldn't pass the test because of the broken hand.  He then went on sick
call regardless of the opposition by his Sgt.
Sam is on base, his job involves handing out parking tickets and such.  He's
not in a war zone, so there's no reason not to let him get medical attention
if he needs it.  Especially when you consider he's scheduled to go to war
next month; you'd think it's important to get medical problems taken care of
before sending him over there.

RE > ...the officer in charge not really to blame as there was no report
> of serious/additional injury prior to them making the guys continue their
> training.

In Sam's case he did notify the Sgt.  He was refused.

Kitty