Re: now weather- Roll Call.... everyone alright

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] now weather- Roll Call.... everyone alright
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:21:42 -0600

Those lightweight containers cut down on moving problems considerably.  You
still have the weight of the medium and the plant, but at least the pot can
be light as a feather and not contribute to the problem.  Our local H&G show
has an Amish family that always brings in a truckload (or is it buggyloads)
of these containers and sells them very cheaply.

For those of you who have trouble getting someone to help you move things
in, you might try a local charity.  We have the Fort Wayne Rescue Mission, a
shelter that takes men in, gives them shelter and counseling and helps them
find jobs.  Once when I had to move  to another house on the other side of
town and had no one to help me, I contacted them and picked up 2 very nice
men to help me.  The shelter staff assured me up front that these men had
been with them a long time, their backgrounds had been thoroughly checked
and I wouldn't have to worry about getting robbed or anything.  The staff
member was concerned that I would take advantage of the men by working them
all day and then just giving them $5.  We worked out a nice agreement and
they were just wonderful.  It's also nice to be able to give these men work
to do instead of just a handout.  They appreciated the work.

Kitty