Re: Gloves - poll

For some reason, I haven't gotten this yet :)

My most used gloves have a silky [rayon?] tag that says "west chester." They're cowhide with a reinforced palm. Probably made in China. They're tough and I usually lose one of them before I wear them out. Get them at HD. They are women's large size, which fit my dainty hands better than men's small [a size I can never find anyway]. I wear these when doing any and all grunt work--moving pavers, digging holes, pruning thorny plants. I have another pair of gloves, split cowhide, no clue of maker [probably Chinese], that I keep in the truck in case I need them to load rocks or pavers. It's easier to keep a pair in the truck than to remember to take the others with me.

I do not normally wear gloves when potting or weeding [cactus excepted] or putzing around; I think they just get in the way.

On Nov 23, 2005, at 1:31 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

I'm glad you mentioned the part about gardening because I was ready to describe my winter gloves.:-) I like Foxgloves when I need to feel what I'm doing, Mudgloves when I'm planting, and those work gloves with leather palms when I'm doing heavy moving and cleanup.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@netzero.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:40 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Gloves - poll

I got a message from David recently and he asked if I'd do a poll here
for him. He'd like to know about your favorite gloves. He would like to
know both the material and the manufacturer. If you have more than one
kind of favorite - perhaps one for everyday garden work and another for
heavy duty jobs - mention that too.

Thanks.

Kitty

Island Jim