Re: Beautyberry

It's native here. Tell you how I got mine. Ms Fatma and I drove out to Charley Crowley's nursery--which is quite a trek, fording streams and long washboard dirt/marl roads--looking for I forget [maybe the Petrea; that's where we got it]. On the way out of the back woods, just as we were re-fording the creek, Ms Fatma spied the purple berries in the roadside scrub. We always carry pruning [purloining] shears in our vehicles. So I stopped and we took several cuttings. They rooted easily.

Never had the soil tested. It's sand over limestone with several millennia of pine needles rotting on top of it, which is why it's called Florida black sand.