Re: Those of you who write

Agree completely, Gene.

First, if one is not a writer, one should find a JC class in "freelance" or "article" writing or some such and see if they can cut it. Most people have no idea how difficult writing is--this should give them a clue.

Second, one needs to study the market. Not peruse it--but really study it. You need to understand the trends and be smart enough to know what's old news.

Unfortunately, Gene is on the mark when he says the media is overrun by amateurs. And most of them are cherry-picking their facts from the same internet sources, with the upshot being that same-old-old-same-old gets recycled over and over.

To pretend to be upbeat--if it was moi, I would find a local weekly or semi-weekly newspaper that did not have a garden writer and try to spend a year or two telling nice, well-meaning idiots, why their rose of sharon turned brown in September.