new printer, T-day, and Brrr cold

Hi all-

Hope everyone enjoyed their thanksgivings. We started in on the smoked turkey I bought at lunch today. Glad I got it, as we ate at other people's house and didn't have left overs, but now I'm wondering how 2 of us are going to eat a 10 lb smoked turkey. It is really tasty though.

I got a new printer- laser this time, so I don't have to deal with changing to stupid little inkjet cartridges that cost a fortune for the number of pages you can print. I got a Brother multi-function that is network ready. So far, it's great. The software installed easily and worked the first time, it warms up to print in seconds, and the print quality is much better than an inkjet. So- I'm happy with it!! (and it cost about $120 less than a comparable HP). I got it from Costco online, and they also sell the toner cartridges for really cheap ($50) which last for about 2000 pages.

And finally- it was freezing here this morning!! Literally! 30 degrees. Brrrr! But warmed up to about 55 this afternoon and I got the 2 maples that are between my driveway and my neighbor pruned. They were in serious need of being back in control and shaped in some semblance of a normal way. So- now tomorrow I can put out some Xmas lights!

Theresa