Re: Birding trip

Wild rice with water chestnuts sounds great to me - I would have
eaten more than my share.  I used to make mammoth Thanksgiving
dinners, but ate very little of it.  The one thing I do miss is the old
Southern standard ambrosia - oranges, pineapple and coconut.  And
most of the people who came to my dinners wouldn't eat it.  Go figure.

I love loons, too, but seldom see more than one or two at a time.
Where we stay in Chincoteague has a balcony over the interstate
waterway canal and Chincoteague Bay.  Many mornings there are
a couple of loons cruising the canal when we get up.  But nothing
comes close to the absolute mass of snow geese.  Just amazing!
Auralie

In a message dated 11/29/2006 8:01:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,