Re: Everyone must be....

Auralie, I completely agree with you about throwing the whole lot out. Several years ago I had my mother's 8mm movies put on tape to discover that her brother had "edited" them into a mess with no chronological order. While they were fun to watch my grandchildren have shown no interest. I also have one 8mm reel of plantation hog killing from about 1950. I've no idea what to do with it with the exception of offering it to the Center for Southern Folklore in Memphis or maybe the University of MS.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Everyone must be....

It's a chilly fall day here.  We were hoping for some much-needed
rain from Hurricane Noel - they promised us four to six inches - but
none fell.  Yesterday was really disagreeable - temperatures in the
forties and very windy and dark - but not a drop of rain fell.
Fall color has been very nice this year, and seems to be more
prolonged, with trees turning in some sequence instead of all
at one time.  There are still quite a  lot that are quite green, but
I haven't figured out just what makes some turn before the others.
We've only had one very light frost, which is late for that, but it has
been pretty chilly and windy for the past week.
I've been occupied with trying to make some sense and order out
of half-a-century of photographs.  When the boys were here this
summer, my youngest took a couple of old albums that were
falling apart and put them back together, and scanned them into
a removable disk.  Now he is urging us to put the rest of the many
boxes and piles in order while we can still identify them.  I'm halfway
ready to throw the whole batch out - I find it hard to imagine that my
grandchildren are going to even look at them. And I don't even want
to think about all the boxes and carousels of slides. At least it gave me an
excuse for not doing garden work in the cold windy weather.
Auralie