Re: Boston area/ Plants that Travel

Hmmm- I think next time I go visit my friend or sister in Boston I'm going to have to remember this! Years ago I used to carry plants as carry-on, but those days are long gone. I didn't even consider the checked luggage idea.
Thanks!

Theresa

Gene Bush wrote:
Hello Theresa,
Nope! Not when the plants left here... were in their containers. However, she told me she was going back to the motel and remove most of the potting medium, put the roots in sandwich baggies ... just like we do when shipping here. If they had green tops, most or all of that got trimmed... end of the season, so no biggie.

Gene

Subject: Re: [CHAT] Boston area/ Plants that Travel

Wow- really!  Were they all bare-root?

Theresa

Gene Bush wrote:
I have had a lady from Maine visit my nursery twice this year. Each time she has purchased a suit case full and they have flown home with her. Not problems either time that I know of.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com