Re: Where is everyone?

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Where is everyone?
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:31:31 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=wi3vaxnW24+DsqTHOJlI6Ja7MzWJqiXZu95V3lCHdDs=; b=WIUeyZgNck6kHSa2+f8zz3aQDRzhSlzNJpf30N86zbJlz6jnj5Gz7hhsbgQNA3jGjf SPD+rfgMyr05gy30FG1phemKsds4f5Da+D/G5EbHDmd1GtMpqqMm2hG4S9rSyLHGwLkL WE21PBEUHGUIERkU9gxk66zHEIZLlNU68v8GM=

Bay is hardy there?   I never planted one because I didn't think they were
hardy in zone 8A.   Hmm, I put something else in that spot of course (a
small viburnum) but may have to rethink the bay idea Daryl!  Thanks.

> What zone are you in, Cyndi? I was told that bay wasn't hardy here, but the
> plant had rooted itself into the ground before I had a chance to plant it.
> It's behind my greenhouse, and is about 12' tall now. We used to go below
> zero every winter. The lowest we've been in recent years has been about 10,
> perhaps briefly lower.
> I got all but a couple of my patio plants into the greenhouse and
>> repotted my bay tree. I'm debating about planting the bay tree outside,
>> it is right on the edge of hardiness but maybe it's worth taking a
>> chance. I actually have room in the greenhouse for a few more pots, I
>> looked at the home center but didn't see anything fun I had to have.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A