RE: 2012 Seed Catalogs
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: 2012 Seed Catalogs
  • From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:59:16 -0500

Chris
I think you were ahead of your time with the mini CD at that time. Not
so sure your would not still be. I see and receive cds from wholesalers,
but there is also that hard copy. We simply have not made that cross
over. Most of my customers are the well over 40 crowd.... they are hard
copy born and bred. They may order on line, but want the catalog to
browse. I know and have accepted that we are going to take a heavy hit
on orders by dropping our catalog. But, we simply cannot afford the
luxury of a foot in both worlds. So we sink or swim with our decision.

Simple fact that the small nursery is being squeezed out...even many of
the larger boys are dropping by the wayside. Between technology changing
from day to day, the economy and shortage of disposable funds.... tough
out there and will be for some time to come. Adapt or die.

Gene

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC
www.munchkinnursery.com