Re: 2012 Seed Catalogs
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: 2012 Seed Catalogs
  • From: Zemuly <zemuly@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:25:47 -0600

You are a busy person, Cathy. Love the idea of your radio spot. Our MG
program has opportunities for short radio spots, but I live too far away
to do it. I am on the board for the next two years, and I do continue to
share my MG knowledge with my customers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2011, at 3:59 PM, Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hope all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and have your Christmases
under control! As a lover of seed catalogs (a wonderful way to deal with
those winter days) I mourn their demise, though I truly understand the
reasons that growers have to back off. We have certainly had challenging
conditions this year and I expect 2012 to be just the same! As many have
mentioned, physical challenges are also significant, and I have not been
exempt. The conditions of my gardening beds are a continuing source of
embarassment, as neither my spouse nor I have the will to tackle them in
conditions of extreme heat or damp chill, and our 2 acre property, which
seemed to have so many possibilities, now just reminds me of our lack of
strength and energy. Not that I am giving up, but I am pulling back my
"circle of do-ability". I am having the retaining walls around my two
perennial beds redone in versi-lock bricks, and spent three days pulling
out almost everything in them. Hope to spend my winter considering my
planting options there. I would love to downsize, while still having a
little dirt to dig in, but the spouse is resistant, and there is the
inertia factor. I continue to be active as a Master Gardener, and have
taken on a monthly ~20 min call in radio spot on one of our community AM
stations. Was really surprised how many still listen to radio, and tell
me they tune in!