Re: storm..../ contacts
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm..../ contacts
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:39:24 -0500

At least hula hoops gave us some good exercise. I got my first one in '57 or '58. It and its successor (1959, maybe? ) are hanging in my garage, having survived 3 moves and being rescued from my parent's basement when we were moving them into a retirement apartment in '97 or so. I was dismayed to find out that I could no longer swivel my hips as I did as a kid. I was a wiz at hula hoops back then. Now, not so much, but at least I could keep them from falling.

Cabbage Patch dolls? Ugh, though the place where they were "born" in North Georgia was pretty interesting when we took a group of 4H kids there. I found it a little troubling to see things from my childhood labeled as antiques, though.

I still follow several lists, but they seem to have abandoned me.

-----Original Message----- From: James Singer