Re: PETA and "snowball"

In a message dated 10/06/2003 9:41:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> What makes me nuts is that people won't spend a few
> bucks to spay or neuter and end up w/ a gazillion unwanted animals.
> Unless you're a breeder by profession, I see no reason not to have your
> dogs and cats fixed. Just my opinion of course. Getting off my soapbox
> now - thank you!!

I hear what you are saying, and yes, all my animals have been "fixed," but it
always breaks my heart to do it.  I am cutting off a strain of creatures -
what about genetic diversity.  There will be no more smart, cute, sensitive
creatures like my lovely tuxedo Lottie with the half-face mask, and no more sweet,
dumb ones like her sister Jane who is such a pretty muted calico.  The
breeders just turn out more of whatever type they think is commercial.  Same with
dogs.  Many "breeds" have been bred for a certain look, and brains aren't part
of it.  Now I'll get off my soapbox, too.  Auralie